homeworld tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homeworld tourney

Well finally i'll be trying to host a tourney too. But... i want to make it a bit special. I'm not sure if you'll like it but if i don't try i'll never know

Most, if not all, tourneys are the default 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 tourneys on pretty known maps with always the default (high starting, no bounty etc etc setups). Now we all know who is good/bad in those setups.

What i wanna know is, who is the best player all round? Who can take up a game in a situation he's never been in before. Can this 1 vs 1 talas wonder even last 5 minutes on talas if the starting RU were small with no research? What happens if each player can remove one ship from the game? (example: if i play vs molle i could remove the scout from molles ships and he removes the assault frig from mine) Who can handle these unknowns the best?

So... a tourney. I haven't decided yet what exactly will happen, the each player names a ship that can't be used by the other one just came to my mind when making this post. Maybe i can think of some other wacky things later Anyway, who is up to this? Are you man enough to take this test?

The tourney will take place in august, on saturday the 9th. I won't be using cases ladder since i don't think it can do what i want. Prolly something similar to a swiss system. I'll create a thread in the tourney section of these boards to sign up.

PS: if you go to a board of other clans and you don't see this post from me, please forward it to them so they know about this too.
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief grav
    Grav is but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by an swarmer, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.

26-02-02 on #freelance by Dough

Sounds kool, if this every occurs, I'll be sure to join it! ;)

Comment

unfage. new putar should be here by then and i r shall own j00 all. but me is cannot be bothered to practice as i intend to be too busy playing NWN... so fe0r.

I r lub choaocolate tehat are in my baed divorce the two wife is hard on bed tonight I bill aol which is 45$ and is hard for me. Plx plx halp me sombady i r chocalte and have divorxe mary 2 peple dat giv mariy me and kthxbi.

Comment

Sounds cool. I want to be able to pick what ship the other guys cant build tho.

Lets see, Ill pick........collector. ;)

Unless I'm playing Dukath. Then I'll pick gravwell. Should work as well as collector on him.

Comment

Working...
        X